Sunday, May 2, 2010

Mental Barrier

The music is blasting, the windows are open,
But the page is still empty, nothing seems to happen,
I still cannot think of what on earth to write,
So I lie down and contemplate with all my might,

“I’ll simply type down whatever comes to mind,”
I think, “Might as well,” and I try to unwind,
Not a lot has happened this week, save for a few depressing events,
I glance at the clock, I ponder on where all the time went,

So I put fingers to keyboard and type and erase and type again,
Nothing seems right or decent, I scream in vain,
I slap my forehead and concentrate,
Trying to think of something before it’s too late,

This week I have been studying, and believed dozens of lies,
I have been worrying and forced to say goodbye,
(Even if, in my opinion, it seems we have just said hello),
I have seen beautiful sunsets and the night sky aglow,

Now I’m just babbling, not thinking clearly,
There goes the grade I grasped onto so dearly,
The pressure is on as the time declines,
I try to think of words, of phrases, of lines,

I jump out of my seat and pace around the room,
The emptiness remains, the thoughtlessness resumes,
I sigh deeply running my fingers through my hair,
The idea is lingering, but it’s still not there!

I simply give up, and accept defeat,
I return to the computer and back to my seat,
I could not get away from it, it intimidates, and it mocks,
That horrible feeling referred to as “Writer’s Block”.

No comments:

Post a Comment