Saturday, April 3, 2010

"On the Brightside" by Nevershoutnever!

I set off for a journey, my burdens on my back,
All the problems I’ve encountered big or small,
My responsibilities, my concerns, and the skills I lack,
Suddenly, I meet a man of two feet tall,

He tells me to cheer up, to keep going through my strife,
I gave him my gratitude, and turn to leave,
He stops me saying, “Listen to these words that I have lived by my whole life,”
I take a seat, shifting my pack of conflicts I had weaved,

“You’re only as tall, as your heart will let you be,
“And you’re only as small, as the world will make you seem.”
He pats my knapsack reassuringly,
I nod to him, smile, and beam,

I continue on, contemplating life, then suddenly trip,
I run my fingers through my hair, ready to bawl,
My eyes water, I quiver my lip,
Suddenly, I meet a man of twelve feet tall,

He asks me my reasons of frustration, what the matter was,
I told him of my journey, my burdens, my good luck’s defiance,
He ponders my words, takes a slight pause,
I look at him…He towered like a giant,

He then said, “Listen to these words that I have dreaded my whole life,
When the going gets rough, and you feel like you may fall,
Just look to the bright side,
You’re roughly
five feet tall.”

I dust myself off and thank him,
He gives me a thumbs up and smiles, then turns,
My mood is slightly better, no longer grim,
I smile as I think of the lessons I’ve learned,

The main goal of this journey was to get back on track,
I had too many problems, too many wishes,
I settle down under a tree, taking the burdens off my back,
I smile to the sky, the water, and the fishes,

I think of how fortunate I am; I’m never alone,
And I’m not too tall or too short,
I have a great family and friends; their greatness eternally shone,
I always have assistance and support,

I know now small stepbacks are part of life
And I don't fear the world and the scary things in it,
I can do what my heart desires, conquer any strife,
Beacuse there are infinite choices; the sky my only limit,

All the burdens I had are now lost in a stream,
And all the sadness I held runs away, flees,
For, I’m only as tall, as my heart will let me be,
And I’m only as small, as the world will make me seem
,

I feel relieved, thankful for the words of my guides,
For, when the going gets rough, and I feel like I may fall,
I’ll look to the bright side,
I’m roughly
five feet tall.

No comments:

Post a Comment